Saturday, May 7, 2011

Blessings!

Thanks to some advice from friends, I've have discovered the wonder that is Craigslist.  This week (*meaning 3 weeks ago when I first wrote this post*) we drove all the way to Apex to pick a camera that we got for a really great price! My digital camera bit the dust over a year ago (I dropped it and cracked the lens. Oops!).  We figured it would be nice to have a way to keep the family up to date on our lives, so we searched the Craigslist items til we found a camera we liked.  I don't know much about cameras, but if it can even pick up the dust on my computer in the picture, I'd say it's good enough for me.


In bigger news, this week Reid said good bye to his good and faithful Ford Taurus.  He's had this car through most of Seminary, and it's treated him pretty well considering he couldn't take care of it as much as he wanted to on a student's budget.  Despite a brief (read: month-long) stint in the shop this August for some mysterious (and expensive) breakdown, this car has been just what we needed.  When we added it to our insurance, the combo package and the low price of the car actually made our premium go down!

On Thursday Reid said his goodbyes, and we sold the car to a nice woman who actually cried when she took the Taurus on a test drive earlier in the week.  She'd been burned by a previous Craiglist car purchase, but she told us that we were offering a really great price.  She said most cars priced in the same range were pieces-o'-junk.  We hope the the Ford will be a blessing to her!




My parents are blessing us with my dad's "old" car (if you want to call 2007 old).  It's a Toyota Camry which means it's great on miles! And to top it off, it's also a hybrid! Gas savings here we come! Not to mention, it's better for the earth.

Thanks Mom and Dad for this great gift! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment