Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Grad School Update

Well, folks, we're 1 for 3.  On Saturday night, Reid and I were checking our email after a long day of working at his office (he needed to organize his inventory closet, and since I live for that kind of stuff, I helped him!).  He casually leans over to say,  "I got into UT." At first I didn't understand what he was saying, and then it hit me.  He was admitted to his first PhD program.  A wave of joy and pride swept over me and I may have squealed a little (read: a lot). Reid took it in stride, UT not being his top choice.  We called all the parents.  My dad's reaction: "Thank God!" He's experiences bouts of panic and anxiety at the fact that his son-in-law may become an Gamecock next year.  Tennessee orange is way better than South Carolina red (or burgundy). So for now, here's where we stand: UNC-no admission; Pittsburgh-no admission; Tennessee-acceptance (without assistanceship for now). We're waiting to see if money becomes available at UT.  Also Reid's top choices have not yet notified him. His picks are VA Tech, South Carolina (*cringe*--what will my Clemson Tiger family think!?), and Rice (*cringe*-but this time, because it's too close to Houston for comfort...anyone who trained for TFA there understands).  We're praying the Lord opens up opportunities for admission with funding! We're not sure what will happen, but it's nice to have the acceptance letter to remember that with God all things are possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment