Thursday, April 14, 2011

Before and After! (How I cut Reid's hair and didn't mess it up...too much)

**I started writing this on April 2nd, but didn't finish until today...

We took our normal trip to Wake Forest Farmer's Market  this morning to buy farm fresh eggs from Jesse and his grandfather.  Jesse likes to talk junk to Reid about Kentucky since he's a Duke fan.  Despite his affiliation with our arch-enemy, we love Jesse and his yummy eggs.

After the FM we headed out on a not so usual trip to Louisburg for Ray Family Farm's Farm 'n' Learn event.  Lots of fun was had (just ask Reid about the delicious Beltie burger he's been talking about since he ate it for lunch).  After potting our own tomato plant, getting up an up close look at four-day-old piglets, and filling a bag with wonderful pastured pork and grassfed beef, we headed back home.

Reid had planned to get a hair cut, but didn't feel like waiting in the Saturday line at Great Clips or forking over the $20 bucks it would cost.  I tentatively offered to cut it myself.  After having decided that the worst I could do was force him to buzz his hair off, we called a friend to see if we could use his clippers.  As it happened, our friend Tim was buzzing his boys' hair at the time so it worked out perfectly.
It took me a whole hour to cut his hair.  I botched my attempt at his normal 3-4 fade, and so we ended up having to buzz it.  Reid was gracious through it all; after all everyone's gotta start somewhere.  Next time I'll try again and hope it goes better.  For now, here is my handsome husband with his new do!

No comments:

Post a Comment