Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goals for January 2011

This past week, we've been celebrating the holidays with family.  While swapping stories, I realized just how many memories I've started to forget, so I'm attempting to create a "log" of them here and to keep our families updated!

So here goes...
2010 has come and gone, but it was great year.  The highlights:
-Our marriage on March 27th
-Reid's new job as materials technician at Consert Inc. that he began in August
-Reid's successful completion of a PhD seminar on Spinoza at UNC-CH this semester
-Ronda's completion of yet another year of seminary.  Only 1 year to go!
-Reid's venture into "sharecropping" on Tim and Amie Sexton's property
-Our first full year of teaching three year-olds in Sunday School together

2011 holds many exciting possibilities including:
-Reid's acceptance into a PhD or Master's program in Philosophy
-Ronda's graduation with her MA in Biblical Counseling
-And who knows what else God has in store?

My friend Michelle has been posting on her monthly goals, and she's inspired me to do the same. I'm hoping to at least get these goals and few updates on the blog each month.  Here's my list for January.

January 2011 Goals

Spiritual Goals:
1) Follow the TCC 2011 Bible Reading Plan.
2) Memorize the first two verses in the stack of index cards on my desk at work (there are still on my desk, so I can't recall the references).
3) Pray daily for the unreached people groups sent to my email each afternoon from Joshua Project.

Personal Goals:
1) Wake up when Reid wakes up each morning.
2) Post a Craigslist ad for my (first) wedding dress.
3) Transfer wedding pictures to online database.
4) Organize a filing crate for school papers.
5) Take the giant load of dry clean only clothes that have been sitting on the washer for several months to the cleaners.

Family Goals:
1) Take the day off from school work on Sundays.
2) Talk to Reid about other goals for the coming months.

Reid and I have been doing a lot of research on "real food," so I have a few goals in this arena too:

Real Food Goals:
1) Research the make-up of the glass jars mom bought me (for making kombucha).
2) Use the Simple Dinners meal plan subscription I got for Christmas to make at least two real food meals per week.
3) Attempt my first fermentation (I think it'll be cabbage).

Let's get to it! I love checking things off my lists, so the trick will be not trying to pack all of this into one day!

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment